After my first week starting my new job what better way to start the weekend than with pizza. I love to make my own pizza as I can put as much or as little of whatever toppings I like on without getting charged an arm and a leg at a takeaway! This veggie pesto pizza is my personal favorite with my ideal toppings and the whole thing is only 638 calories and a source of both protein and fibre.
You can either use my recipes for wholemeal pizza dough & tomato pizza base (I made mine in bulk and literally grabbed a portion of each from the freezer to defrost before prepping this pizza in a matter of minutes) or just buy yourself some from the supermarket.
- 1 serving wholemeal pizza dough
- 1 serving tomato pizza base
- 70g reduced fat mozzarella cheese, drained and torn
- ½ small red onion, sliced thinly
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 4 baby tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp balsamic glaze
- 4g vegetarian pesto, mixed with 1 tsp water to loosen
- Semolina flour for rolling out dough
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat oven & pizza stone (or baking tray) to 250°C (230°C fan).
- Roll out pizza dough on semolina floured surface to approx. 0.5cm thick for thin and crispy pizza.
- Once oven is heated, carefully lift dough onto hot pizza stone (over a thin scattering of semolina).
- Spread tomato pizza base evenly over dough.
- Evenly distribute the mozzarella, then toppings, and season with ground black pepper.
- Bake in oven for 6 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of pesto and balsamic glaze and some basil leaves if you have any handy.
- Only 638 calories
- 36g protein
- 13g fibre