Wedges might seem like an unhealthy side dish to to go for, however this recipe uses sweet potatoes that are baked and contain minimal fat! Sweet potatoes are a great source of antioxidants such as beta-carotene, fibre, vitamins A, C, B6, and other minerals. Delicious as a side dish, especially with my beetroot sliders and goats cheese dip!
- 2 sweet potatoes (approx. 320g), cut into large wedges
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 10g Italian style hard cheese, finely grated
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C (200°C fan)
- Mix all ingredients apart from the parsley & hard cheese, making sure the wedges are evenly coated in the spices.
- Mix together the parsley & hard cheese.
- Line a baking tray with some lightly greased baking parchment & lay out wedges on tray, sprinkle over any garlic that will have fallen off the wedges.
- Bake wedges in oven for 30 minutes, making sure to turn them over mid-way through cooking.
- Toss cooked wedges in cheese & parsley mixture.
- Serve with cheese & parsley mixture sprinkled over the top.
- Only 201 calories per serving
- Provides all your recommended daily vitamin A intake (aids the function of your immune system)