I literally can’t get enough of veggie burgers and this crispy beetroot and coriander slider recipe is no exception, especially with my creamy goats cheese dip and moreish sweet potato wedges! The entire meal comes to only 522 calories and is a great source of fibre with almost half your daily recommended intake. These are great to stock up on and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months as they’re best cooked from frozen!
- Wholemeal Burger Buns (slider size)
- Shredded lettuce & cabbage
- Goats cheese dip
- Sweet potato wedges
For the sliders:
- 100g cooked beetroot, roughly chopped
- 80g cooked chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 4 spring onions, peeled & roughly chopped
- 35g bread crumbs (I make my own by toasting bread and blending in food processor)
- 85g frozen spinach leaves, defrosted (3 blocks)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp rose harissa paste
- Salt & pepper
For the crispy coating:
- 30g wholemeal flour
- 1 medium egg
- 3g coriander, finely chopped
- 40g bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Blend together all ingredients for burger in a food processor until combined but not completely smooth.
- Divide mixture into 4 small patties, place on a tray covered in cling film & freeze for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- OPTIONAL: For crispy coating
- Coat frozen burgers in seasoned wholemeal flour, shake off excess flour.
- Whisk egg, then coat burgers with the egg.
- Blend/mix together breadcrumbs and coriander, then coat burgers in mixture.
- Cook in 220°C (200°C fan) oven for 25 minutes, turning mid-way through cooking.
- Serve in a wholemeal bun with some shredded lettuce & goats cheese dip, with a side of sweet potato wedges.
- Only 522 calories with a dip, bun and side!
- Source of protein & fibre